Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Jane Austen Book Club

The Jane Austen Book Club
Karen Joy Fowler
1 star
Since I heard that this book has been turned in a movie that will be coming out soon, I thought I would try reading it before seeing the actual film. I made it halfway before returning this book to the library, I don’t think I’ll ever finish the book or see the movie. I have such a hard time with language in books. I know most readers can over look language and I usually do the first or second time. After that when I really see it’s unnecessary and overused I put the book down. It’s just a rule I have. I was frustrated with this book and that it has such high reviews. Maybe I am missing something but I just couldn’t get myself to finish it. I was really disappointed.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I felt exactly the same way!