Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

The Magic of Ordinary Days

The Magic of Ordinary Days
Ann Howard Creel
4 Stars

One of my sisters recommended this book to me. Actually, she sent it to me to read. Livvy, the main character in this novel becomes pregnant by a WWII officer and is forced into a marriage to Ray Singleton, a remote farmer in Colorado.

Not only is the story a love story but it tells about Livvy's struggles with leaving her old life behind that had promise and education. Livvy dreamed of becoming an archaeologist. She becomes friends with two girls in an internment camp. The friendship leads Livvy into interesting paths and some dangerous situations.

Hallmark came out with a movie of this book, which I watched with my sister as well. We both agreed there was much left out of the movie, but the movie alone was pretty good.

No comments: