Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Story Time Monday


Today during school time we did what I like to call an "oldie-but-goodie" activity. I picked 3 books and then let the boys narrow it down from there. Then I read it to them and had them color their favorite part of the book. I think this is such a great activity for a few reasons. It really makes then use their listening skills when listening to a book, they have to pay attention and figure out what is their favorite part, and it helps them with their art skills as well.


Sometimes we (the 5 year old) struggles with the fact pictures aren't 'perfect' or how we imagine them in our heads, so it's good to just listen to a story and then practice drawing things we liked out it without getting upset.
We read Tikki Tikki Tembo. After a rocky morning of 'sibling rivalry' I was a little worried when I saw this picture. However, after asking him to explain it I was relieved to find out that it wasn't the little brother in the bottom of the well that was our favorite part. Apparently he just really wanted to draw a bunch of bricks and color them, or at least that is what he told me!

No comments: