Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Matters at Mansfield

Matters at Mansfield

Carrie Bebris

5 Stars

288 pages


I was thrilled when I walked in the library the other day and found this book on the shelf! I have read all of Carrie Bebris’s other Jane Austen mystery novels and always enjoyed the fun storylines and turning plots.

Of course, Mr and Mrs. Darcy find themselves in the middle of a thrilling mystery. Lady Catherine, her daughter Anne and Colonel Fitzwilliam are also key players in the series events that lead up to this crime. I think Carrie Bebris did such a superb job at staying true to Lady Catherine’s character. I also enjoyed the romance between Anne and Colonel Fitzwilliam.

Carrie Bebris’s mystery novels are fun easy reads. Some reviews say that they might not be exactly true to Jane Austen’s tone, which could be true, but I do think they are pleasant and hope to read more from Carrie Bebris in the future!

No comments: