Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

{July in the Books}

So, my goal this month was to read 8 books.  That would put me over the halfway mark to 100 and would be about 2 books a week.  That isn't too hard for me...most of the time.  But this month I completely missed my goal mark and read 3 books.  I skimmed through 2 of them.  How bad is that?!?

Summer reading?  What is that?  
I feel like I have been completely-entirely too busy to read lately.
...working 2 jobs, 5 kids, opening a business, church calling...life...maybe those have something to do with it?  





I really enjoyed this book!  It is a regency romance, set mostly on a boat en route from Jamaica to England. The characters are fun and likeable and it is an easy clean read.  I am not sure if this is her first novel or if she has more, but I will be keeping my eye out fore more books by Jennifer Moore.  This was the only book I really read this month!





I saw this book on a list of historical fiction must read books.  I was not impressed.  I skimmed mostly of the second half just because I was annoyed with it, but still wanted to finish it.  I didn't really love any of the characters.  I don't really recommend this book.





I've had this book sitting on my nightstand for a longtime and finally got around to picking it up this last week.  It is very good and has some great ideas.  I really enjoy the suggested ideas at the end of every chapter.  I will admit that I skimmed though parts, but not because I didn't like it.  Great book, good suggestion if you want to read more about finding ways to find joy long the journey.

~~

Update:  I forgot, I read the boys The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe one week at bedtime.  So I'm totally counting that!

Book total count: 52
Just a tiny bit over halfway.

August is going to be a better book month.

I just know it.

No comments: