Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
JK Rowling
5 Stars

Where do I begin!!?? I have been skeptical on how this series would end. Could JK Rowling make it as good as the series. Could this last book live up to all the hype?

I am not going to write a spoiler, but I'll just say it did live up to everything that I expected it too. I laughed at parts, I couldn't put it down at parts, and at parts I would have cried (if my husband would not have made fun of me for the rest of my life!). Did some of the characters have predicable outcomes? Yes, but let's remember that is this a children's series.

As I finished it last night I couldn't go to sleep. I laid in bed so excited for the characters. I usually experience a let down after finishing such a good series, but with Harry Potter I was so excited I wanted to start all over and read them again!

To those of you readers of this blog out there that haven't read these books, or only watch the movies, I beg you to read the books. They will give you SO much more satisfaction! (Besides you will get to know the outcome 2 years in advance!)

I give the entire HP series 5 stars. It was worth the time I spent reading and I will be re-reading them over and over to my kids and throughout my life.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I agree!!! The books are far better than the movies. I can't wait to buy a box set for Hannah and Penelope.

The Perry Family said...

wow, you have read A LOT of books in 2007!!