Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Wish You Well

Wish You Well
David Baldacci
4 1/2 stars

After suffering through a car crash and losing their father, Lou and Oz are forced to move to the Virgina mountains to live with their Great-Grandmother and invalid mother. The year is 1940 and times in on the mountain and in the small mining communities are struggling. Lou and Oz are struggling to find where they fit in as well.
I loved this story. It's about finding ones self. Finding out what really matters and learning how to love and forgive. I cried and I laughed. I just wonder why I haven't read this before, every person I suggest it to has already read it. Where have I been?
The day I finished the book I was driving home from grocery shopping and I saw an old boarded up farm house and a huge commercial for sale sign in front of it. I wanted to cry. I was sad because with every bit of expansion I'm sure there is a piece of history we are missing. We live in a world where ever one is keeping up with the Jones and trying so hard to be the the biggest and the best. Aren't we forgetting what is really important? Our families. Hard work. Honest living.
I loved this book and I hope to re-read it often. It is a very good reminder of what is important in life.

No comments: