Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer

I promised I have not abandoned this site. I am back!

Summer is usually a big reading season for me. This summer, however, has been quite the opposite. Numerous excuses - not feeling well, catching up with scrapbooks, and preparing to move across the country, have been most of the reasons I haven't been reading. (With the exception of children books so my boys can participate in the summer reading program at their library.)

I did manage to re-read the Twilight series while on vacation, as well as two new books that I reviewed below. If I hadn't packed my Twilight books already I might be re-reading them again right now. I am really looking forward to reading Breaking Dawn, but am sad that it comes out the first day of my almost 2000 miles drive across the western states. I hope I don't see too many spoilers before getting the chance to read it myself.

Is summer a big reading season for you? Is anyone excited - or not for Breaking Dawn? If you are excited - what are you reading now? I need some really good book suggestions to pull me out of my rut!

3 comments:

The Perry Family said...

I'm sooooooo excited...only 17 more days! I'm reading Firefly Lane by Hannah Kristin or Kristin Hannah...can't remember..anyway so far so good...it is about friendship.

Sarah Hastings said...

I have looked for Hattie Big Sky at the library but haven't been able to get my hands on it yet, I will keep trying though because it looks good. As for books, i alread posted on your other blog that I am reading great expectations and enjoying it. I have also heard amazing things about "The Shack", i don't know who it is by, some christian author. I hear that it will change your life, so its on my list to read next. I also hear that "The Brothers" is really good, its by an LDS author and sold at Deseret so i am not sure if you will be able to find it at the library, but its something to look out for.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, it always motivates me to read more! I am trying to finish a few books and start the twilight series again. I just finished "Memoirs of a Geisha" and really liked it!