Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Postscript from Pemberley

Postscript from Pemberley
Rebecca Ann Collins
5 Stars

Ms. Collins has done it again! The seventh book in the series, Postscript from Pemberley, was all I was expecting, and then some. The story follows two Darcy's as they find love and fall into it; Julian Darcy, and young Darcy Gardiner.

Kate O'Hare, a new character in this chapter of the series is introduced to Darcy Gardiner and their relationship unfolds. I found myself in love with Kate and her new views and opinions that she brought to the family and series. She really was like a breath of fresh air and I was thrilled that Darcy was able to find love with her.

As Ms. Collins stated in an authors note at the beginning of the book, Julina Darcy couldn't be left out in the cold, thus he was brought back in this book and was able to find love himself as well. I was particularly happy for this, I always felt that while he did seem to work so much, I pitied him when his wife Josie left. I felt that Jessica was such a perfect fit and I loved the love letters that they wrote back and forth, it was such a tactful way to have him fall in love and build a solid relationship once more.

Postscript from Pemberley was a fantastic installment in this series, it offered love, mystery, a little action as well as some twists and turns I didn't expect. I have always thoroughly loved every book in this series and continue to rave about it any possible chance I get.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Thanks Debbi for your review; how right you are about these beautifully written sequels! I have read none better.
I've read all the volumes that have been published so far and I cannot praise them enough.
Like you, I thought Kate O'Hare was a fabulous new character, who brought a new vitality to the story and she also helps readers to understand what a difficult time independent young women had in that era, when females were not expected to have independent opinions. Kate is a brilliant example.

But like you it was the two fantastic love stories that absorbed my interest most! The tender, touching love that develops between Julian Darcy and Jessica Courtney is truly gorgeous- ( Debbi, why don't we have such lovely courtships now? What a lot modern women are missing! ) and lets us see the real depth of these two characters.
As for young Darcy Gardiner and Katherine O'Hare - what a terrific couple they make!
Miss Collins deserves the highest praise for this wonderful episode in the charming Pemberley Chronicles Series.

All best,
Teresa