Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Lost Hero

The Lost Hero
Rick Riordan
5 Stars
553 pages

I was very excited to read this book – a book with the old kids from Camp Half-Blood, but also a new set of kids for new adventures? Yes, please!

Jason, the hero in this series, wakes up to find out that he has no idea who he is, where he is at, or how he got there!  The story unfolds from there as Jason and his girl friend, Piper and his best friend Leo join forces in a way they never imagined to fight forces they never thought could be real.

Like, I said before, I was super excited to read a book that revisits Camp Half-Blood.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Percy Jackson series.  I found Jason an easy character to love, just like Percy.  I love Leo and his quirts and find Piper very likable.  While the book is lengthy, it doesn’t seem like it and I read it in a very short amount of time.  The action and adventure level seemed just right - as did the down time too.

I think this young-adult novel is perfect for any teenager, or even adult who enjoys magic/mystical creature books.

I am looking forward to the rest of the series and learning more about these “Roman” Gods and after the ending in this book I am waiting on the edge of my chair for book two!

No comments: