Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling
5 Stars

Harry’s back for his second year and it doesn’t leave us without excitement. The beginning of the book is always fun for me to read, I love getting to know more of the Weasley family – seeing where they live, and what living with a wizard life really is like. I am in love with the entire Weasley family - and I love Mr. Weasley and his crazy inventions.

It’s always interesting rereading any book when you already know the ending. I pick up on so many more details this time. I love the information that we learn about Tom Riddle in this book. Watching the relationships between Hermione and Ron and Ginny and Harry are so fun to see develop.


More of my favorite parts of book two are:
-Ron, Fred and George breaking Harry out of the Durselys with the flying car
-The Polyjuice Potion
- Harry saving Ginny
-Ron getting so mad at Malfoy for remarks he says about Hermione
-The trick that Dobby and Harry pull on Lucius Malfoy at the end of the book.


One thing I also love reading in this series is the advice that Dumbledore always gives Harry. He always says the most profound things, sometimes I want to underline them, mark the page, or even put them up on my fridge! My favorite from book two is on the bottom of page 333 when Dumbledore says to Harry,
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

No comments: