Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
J.K. Rowling
5 Stars

I needed out of a reading rut so I decided to pick up the HP series again and reread. It's been a while since I read the first one. I reread the 6th book right before the 7th came out but it was really fun reading the series from the beginning knowing the end.

I would have to say my favorite book out of the whole series is the fourth book, so I am reading as fast as I can to get there. One thing I loved about reading this first book is about how new everything is to Harry and how well things are explained about the wizarding world since we are all new to it. Since I know the whole entire story I also have a different opinion of Snape then the first time through. It's harder to hate and distrust him. I don't love him, but I have a softer place for him now. This first one is definitely not my least favorite of the series either (that would be number 5). I think it's a fun book and I can't believe it's been over 10 years since it first came out!

Some of my favorite parts of this book are:
-The owls attacking the Dursleys
-Meeting Hagrid
-Hagrid giving Dudley a pigs tail
-Meeting the Weasleys, Fred and George are so funny and I love Ginny!
-The wand up the troll nose when saving Hermione
-Ron winning chess
-The house points at the end!

No comments: