Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Get Energy

Get Energy
Denise Austin
5 Stars
239 pages

Before reading this book I would not say I was a Denise Austin fan.  Not that I had anything against her either, but if it hadn’t been on display, I probably never would have read this book.

Like I said, I saw it on display, we were at the library.  And I’m positive after corralling 4 kids (7, 4, 2 and 7 months) around trying to keep everyone quiet and happy while selecting books, I was all out of energy.  Get Energy, was begging to come home with me.  So it did.

Another reason I thought I would like this book is that in my personal life this year I’ve picked one word to try and focus on this year, and it is “enjoy”  So I thought this book would be helpful in my focus.  I have really wanted to focus on enjoying life this year.

At the beginning of the book you take a quiz to find out exactly what is “zapping your energy.”  The following chapters highlight ideas and solutions for each section that had your highest scores.  I read through every chapter and I found helpful information in almost every section!  The last part of the book has a worksheet and a 14 day plan that can help you increase energy.

After reading Austins suggestions and plan I think the only item that I would have a really hard time doing is getting a full 8 hours of sleep every night.  That baby mentioned still wakes up at night...along with random times his siblings wake up too.  I also stay up way to late at night so I can spend time with my husband who works pretty long hours.  I know lack of sleep is a serious energy drainers in my life right now. It's an area that I really need to work on.

I have to say that I loved this book!  I found it filled with fun and easy ideas that are easy to incorporate into your life.  It was uplifting and inspiriting. Now I just need to go out there and Get Energy in my life!

No comments: