Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

One Year to an Organized Life

One Year to an Organized Life
Regina Leeds
4 Stars
294 pages

I picked this book up at the library.  Perhaps spring cleaning has made me want to get organised, but I am reading a lot of these books lately.  One Year to an Organized Life has so far been one of my favorites.

Obviously, the plan that Leeds gives you follows a year span. During each month, she has weekly sections, that have goals you will accomplish that week, as well as an estimate for the time that you will spend.

I believe one reason that this book appealed to me so much was that the first step that Leeds suggest is to buy a journal.  Each month has journaling prompts.  She firmly believes that through journaling you can truly learn why you clutter, or organize the way that you do - and then find solutions to the problem.  I love journaling, and I really love the prompts that she offers throughout the book.

While I read through this book without doing any of the projects, I have some ideas now that I can't wait to put to use.  When I look back at the contents of this book, I can think of projects from more than half of the 12 months that I want to put in use right now!

Leeds uses a lot of her personal stories and stories she has learned from being a personal organizer.  I love reading the stories about many of her clients.

I think if you are looking for a little help organizing your home, and have a little extra time every month than you should check out this book.  If you are looking for a lot of help organizing your home, then you should probably just hire Leeds herself!

No comments: