Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Sound of Rain

The Sound of Rain
Anita Stansfield
4 Stars



The Sound of Rain is Anita Stansfield's newest series. I'm a bit of a sucker for a good Anita Stansfield book, they are easy quick books, but just a bit predictable.



The story follows Jayson Wolfe, a talented musician. Of course, there is a girl, Elizabeth, and then there is conflict - they fall in love, then more conflict, sadness and then Stansfield wraps it up and we are left waiting for the next book.



I do like that I can read these romance books without having to worry about what is going to happen on the next page. When Jayson and Elizabeth took their kissing a little far and let their minds wonder, they quickly went home and talked to both their parents. I think a lot more of this should go on in the world today. Jayson is old fashion, and I loved his high-water table emotions. Also, Stansfield is an LDS author. Sometimes her books include a lot of LDS lingo, this series reads much more like any typical Christian romance book. (In fact, I keep waiting for LDS missionaries to knock on one of the character's doors and introduce them to the church!)



I've already bought the next two books in this four part series. I started the second one and can't wait to finish it. The second book has been less predicable than the first, which is nice.

No comments: