Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Distant Thunder

A Distant Thunder
Anita Stansfield
4 Stars


Part two of a four part series, I enjoyed A Distant Thunder much more than the first part of the series. Not that the first book was bad, but much more predicable, and I'm glad that this book had some twists that I didn't see coming (there were some predicable parts, just not as many).

If I had to pick one thing that bothered me about this book it would be the best friend relationship that Elizabeth and Jayson continue to have even though they are married to separate people. Neither of their spouses ever became jealous or even skeptical of their relationship and there were points when they called each other several times a week. I think that even the most secure relationships would be strained if that were really the case.

The church is introduced in this book - as Elizabeth, and her Dad, become members after moving to Utah (one of those really predicable parts, she moves to Pleasant Grove, Utah - of course she is going to become a member of the church). Evan though I saw it coming I loved it.

I finished this book in one day. I really enjoyed it and can't read to read the next two.

No comments: