Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms

In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms
Dr. Laura Schlessinger
5 Stars



I saw this on a friends blog, who also heard about it from a friend and so it goes. I had to check it out. I put it on hold at the library and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I was not disappointed.



This book was so inspirational to me. I might have to look for a copy of this book at my half-price book store or for a used one because I would love to have it around in my own library for future reference on those "bad days."



I never really planned son going back to work after having my first baby, but that first year was a big adjustment to me. Sometimes I just wanted to go back to work and get a paycheck and hear people tell me what a great job I was doing, but deep down I knew I was in the right place, at home.



Fast forward a few years. I now have 3 kids and watch part time another one. Sometimes I wonder if anyone knows that I did in fact graduate college and have a career at one point. Sometimes I get so lost in the day to day grind that I wonder if the little ones care that I stay with them. My husband is a first year medical resident right now so there are weeks that my job is pretty comparable to a single parent job. But I really wouldn't have it any other way.



I was actually sitting on the couch reading this book one night while my husband was working late, I paused and I looked up to see my kitchen - and a sink full of dishes and no dinner waiting for him. I was motivated by Dr. Laura to get up and finish my job, even though I was tired. I know my husband appreciated that dinner when he got home. The house was clean and things were good.



Bringing it back to the book - I loved it and recommend it hands down. It motivates me each time I think of it or passages I read from it to be a better wife and mother.

No comments: