Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Twilight - 4th Time

Twilight

Stephenie Meyer

5 Stars




I'm re-reading the Twilight series in preparation for the release of the New Moon movie. I am so excited. This is the fourth time I've read Twilight and it never loses it's spark. I love reading into it more and more each time.


Parts I loved this time around:

page 14 when Bella arrives at school for her first day she thinks to herself before getting out of the truck, "I stuck everything in my bag, slung the straps over my shoulder, and sucked in a huge breath. I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me."


Page 232 and 233 when Edward is talking to Bella about twilight for the first time. Bella says to him, "I like the night, without the dark, we'd never see the stars."


Page 307 when Edward and Bella are discussing why a vampire would resist humans in the first place he says to her, "Just because we've been...dealt a certain hand..it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above...to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted..."


I had to laugh at certain parts of the book now that the movie has come out. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, it was good but certainly not as good as the book. Jasper cracked me up and now I have a hard time taking him seriously in the book. The spoilers are great fun - this one had me laughing out loud when I got to the part in the book where Edward and Bella are in the meadow. Click HERE for the link. The end gets a little weird, but there are parts that are so funny!

No comments: